Nicholas H Politan

1935-Present

Judicial Tenure - 1987-2002

 

 

Politan was born in Newark, New Jersey. He received an A.B. from Rutgers University in 1957. He received an LL.B. from Rutgers University School of Law in 1960. He was a law clerk, Hon. Gerald McLaughlin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit from 1960 to 1961. He was in private practice in Lyndhurst, New Jersey from 1961 to 1964. He was in private practice in Jersey City, New Jersey from 1964 to 1972. He was in private practice in Lyndhurst, New Jersey from 1972 to 1987. He was a Director and chairman of the executive committee, County Trust Company, Lyndhurst, New Jersey from 1980 to 1987.

Politan was nominated by President Ronald Reagan on August 7, 1987, to a seat vacated by Herbert J. Stern. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on November 6, 1987, and received his commission on November 9, 1987. Judge Politan retired on January 4, 2002.