Henry Curtis Meanor

 

1929-Present

Judicial Tenure- 1974-1983

 

 

Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Meanor received a B.A. from Rutgers University in 1952, and an LL.B. from the Rutgers University School of Law in 1955. After his graduation, he served as a law clerk to judge Phillip Forman of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey from 1955-56. Meanor was in private practice from 1956-59, and again from 1960-69, having worked as acting secretary to New Jersey Governor Robert B. Meyner in 1959 and 1960. Meanor also taught as an adjunct professor of law at Fordham University from 1964-68. From 1969-72, he was a judge for the county court of Essex County, New Jersey, and then became a judge for the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court until 1974.

On May 8, 1974, President Richard Nixon nominated Meanor to a seat on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey vacated by John J. Kitchen. Meanor was confirmed by the United States Senate on June 13, 1974, and received his commission on June 25, 1974. He served until his resignation on February 7, 1983.